Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Is there ever any time to read a regular book?

I don't even remember when this started, but sometime this year, I started buying a vast number of books off of Amazon as well as walking myself down to BN after work some days during the summer. I've got quite the collection now. It's not quite as magnificent as I would like it to be, but it's getting there. There's another thing... I haven't really had all that much time to read them, therefore, some of them sit there without having been read and I really would like to read them, but these thoughts always cross my mind everytime I look at them and am craving to read them:

Either: "No, I really shouldn't read right now. I've got other things I could be doing. I have to do chores and homework and get(stay) caught up on everything. I just don't have time."

OR: "I shouldn't be reading those books when I could be reading my scriptures. I wish I could read the Book of Mormon for hours on end like I do other books and just wiz right through it." (I wonder if there's a reason for that... Is there a reason that I can't just read the book? It's probably my perceptive mind and my strange ability to have to think about it. Interesting.) I also find myself thinking "I should be spending time reading the Book of Mormon so that I'll be able to finish the challenge by completing it by the end of March." (It was a challenge given by our bishopric.) So what happens when I do finish? Do I just start over? That's another thing. I have a hard time reading a book twice if I can remember what it's about. But then again, by the time I finish and start over, it won't be the same. I'll always find new things? I think so. Especially since it takes me so long to read.

Anyways, see all these thoughts going through my head? I just feel as though you can't successfully read that special book without studying it. It's not the same if you don't. Well, one day I'll have time to read all seven books of the Chronicles of Narnia (that I have in one big awesome book, by the way...) and one day I'll have time to sit down and find out what happens to Cassia and Ky in the "Matched" trilogy to see if they ever truly fall in love and run away together or wait and see it she ends up marrying Xander.

Meantime, I'm off to clean bedroom, do laundry and catch up on some homework (mainly the reproductive systems in health... can you tell why I've been putting it off? yeah, me too). Now just to do them in a fashionable order, while staying downstairs as to not catch mom's... illness... I guess you could say.

1 comment:

  1. you should read other religious texts, see how other people perceive religion. as to the rest it was tl;dr

    ReplyDelete