Anyways, it was weird being in a small, mixed choir. It's definitely going to take some getting used to. We also started some Christmas music, and it was magical. Seriously, I can't wait for it. Christmas chorals are my favorite to sing.
Speaking of Christmas, it's getting cold. I hate that it snowed today. It should at least wait till Thanksgiving. (Haha, just a little side note there.)
So here are a few things that I noticed and little things that happened in chamber today:
- I'm singing alto 1. I haven't sung alto 1 since junior high. This should be interesting... I mean, you would think that alto is alto, but when you're used to singing the lowest among the women, you definitely get used to it. I don't know, I guess it's just a choir thing. But it'll be a learning experience from here on out.
- Hayden Knudsen? Yeah, he can SING. Holy tamoles. That kid can totally rip it out.
- My sight singing has gotten a lot better since I started practicing with hymns at church. Never thought it was that big of a deal, but it's awesome.
- There are three Michael's in chamber. SOOO weird. Mike Alder, Mike Thurman, and Mike... uh... HA I can't remember the other one's last name. He'll probably never read this, so I don't really have to worry about offending anyone.
- Quote of the Day by the one and only Steve Durtschi:
- "The stage can do two things for you; it will either shove you under a bus, or it will glorify you."