Thursday, September 10, 2009

Summer 2009

    I've only been a victim of high school for about 3 weeks now. The homework's piling on and yet, grades are looking better than ever! [Which makes me extremely excited!] I've officially decided that math is my least favorite subject. Well, there's a football game tomorrow against Lehi. Still not sure what color we're gonna have to wear... haha, but I guess we'll find out sooner or later. Hopefully we won't get smothered like we did at the football games for the past 2 weeks. Even though we lost, we still had a great time learning the fight song and cheering till we didn't have a voice at the game vs. PG two weeks ago.
   This summer was definitely chaos! Such an amazing break from last year's mentality and total let down of a C+ in Biology and not being able to go to Spain :( But otherwise it was a pretty great summer! The first week after school let out, girls' camp was in! What a great time that was! [NOT!] I mean, I love girls' camp, don't get me wrong here, but having allergies for the first time in your life and not exactly knowing what to expect sucks! I ended up getting sick and actually receiving my first priesthood blessing while up at camp which was pretty amazing because I went to sleep right after I had received it. What an awesome experience! We won't even ruin the moment with the wait for the bus and the bus ride home. *gags*
   So anyways, the week after girls' camp was when I got my own CAR! Well, at least they were the price of a car. On June 16, [four days before my 15th birthday], I received a car in my mouth. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I got braces. I was extremely excited yet completely NERVOUS to what all of my friends would say, but also knowing that I wouldn't have fangs anymore! And just to make this official announcement, I pulled out my last baby tooth about a week ago! [It's about freaking time!] Anyways, so the morning that I got the braces I went directly to the first week of Summer Seminary at the high school. We picked up Izak to go with me and I think I hit him a couple of times for staring at my mouth. Heehee....
   I spent the rest of my first day with braces with one of my buddies, Nik, as we walked all the way over to the University Mall. What a walk that was! This really isn't usual for me, but I wore yellow, skinny jeans to distract him from my mouth. It didn't work as well as I was hoping but I think talking and keeping my mouth moving helped a ton with the soreness! The next day I took Kallie and Izak out to lunch at the all famous Sensuous Sandwich where I proudly work. Instead of an extremely delicious sandwich, I was stuck with the disgusting Jamba Juice that I got just because I had a gift card for it. But I guess that went over a lot better than the Reeses in my ColdStone ice cream that I had tried to eat the day before at the mall with Nik. BAD idea. The ice cream melted before I could get too much of it eaten. Sad day.
   Well, that following Saturday was my birthday. The minute I turned 15, I wished I were 16. There really wasn't much to do. Wasn't the BEST party I've ever thrown, but it was still a good time!
   The following week my parents and I went to Seattle, WA for a little vacation. And you're probably wondering how we got there... well, we drove. Not the best time of my life, but I will admit it wasn't the worst. I think a road trip is the only time that your parents will never complain about you sleeping! Ah, it's great to be a teenager. Well, the ambition was to get there and for them to run the inaugural Seattle Rock 'n Roll Marathon! (In 2008, they ran the whole series going as far east as Virginia Beach and Philly. I got to go to San Diego with them in June of 2008 which counted as our family vacation for that year and then went to Phoenix with them in January of 2009 which was also an extremely good time.) Being able to volunteer was one of the highlights of my week. I ended up being stuck doing the gear bag returns... what a nightmare that was! And of course I took that opportunity to break in my new purple converse'. I haven't seen them white since I bought them in the store a few days before. Almond and Gary finished a few hours before them doing the full 26.2 miles in less than 4 hours [way to go!]
   As soon as we got home from Seattle it was almost July! The insanity! Well, it just so happened that my parents had signed up to do a fireworks tent down at Allen's grocery store, so I basically lived there for a week. It was all I could do to beg my parents to take me home so I could take a freaking shower! There was NO air-conditioning in our camper and I didn't even have my pillow the first night, which really pissed me off! [I love my pillow...] Well, I ended up convincing my parents to let me get a few friends over there to help out with the tent. We were "security". Haha, not really sure if you could even call us that. Kaden and Kallie came over and we played cards the whole time! And in trade for all their time and "hard work", Dad gave them his and Mom's Stadium of Fire tickets. Watching the Jonas Brothers and seeing them supposedly burn the 250ft American flag was pretty cool. It was also really awesome to see Kaden's reactions since this was his first time to the stadium for the event.
   The rest of July was pretty dull. Nothing really happened. I worked a bit here and there wherever Mom needed me and stuffs. Also on the 25th I was happy to be at the Manti Temple all day with Cevan, Susi and their family. Even though I got irritated really fast when I wasn't able to go to the family BBQ that night, it was all fun when I got to take some awesome pictures of them all dressed in white. [Even though the opportunities were slim.] I was so happy for them! And it was a great time to see all the extended family that live all over the place!
    August came around and the anxiety for school to start was getting pretty high. I had a pretty hard time going back to the Junior High to help Kingman out about a week before school started and also realizing that it wouldn't be my school anymore. Honestly, after being in high school now for the few weeks that I have, the only thing I miss now are my friends who went to Mountain View. The only people that I ever really think about are Alex, Sashi, Ashlee and Joslyn. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how often I get to see them. Gosh, summer was horrible without them. Well, the Saturday before school started there was a multi-stake dance where we got to go and well.... dance! Alex was sick so I only got to see him for about 5 minutes in the total hour that he was there. Also, I had to squeeze a few hugs out of him because he refused to dance with me because he was afraid to get me sick. Psh! I ain't afraida no germs!!! Well, Mushu was also there :) It was so good to see his happy, smiling face again! He always brightens my day whenever I see him.
   That was pretty much the end of the summer. School started and it's like it never began, but it's never ending either. Summer was all one fantastic blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment