Here are a few things that I observed while on my date with Tanner:
- He walks really fast.... (he's 6'3"... he has a very long stride...)
- He makes me look like I'm 4"0' (okay, not really... that's just what my dad said after I showed him all the pictures... haha)
- He likes to tell stories (this also told me that he was feeling at least a bit more comfortable)
- He was on a fantasy obsession in 5th grade. (even though I kind of already knew that... don't ask... haha)
- He doesn't like tomatoes (at least not in his salad)
- And even though he dressed as a devil for Halloween, he still loves Jesus <3 (inside joke, I guess... haha)
We haven't talked since Saturday night, which is kind of depressing and totally defeats the purpose of the night, but it created great memories for me. And if we were meant to become super incredible, attached to the hip friends, we would have. But no regrets to anything. I had a good time and it was great for me.
Another thing... I also think that dances should be used (as well as dating in general) to get to know people better and make new friends and to just have a good time. I have no problem going on dates with my really good friends (and let's be honest, it's a lot more comfortable... :P), but it's almost like I lose an opportunity to make a new friend, which is why I chose to ask Tanner to Sadies. And also why Kallie asked Sean to Sadies. (We made a deal that if she asked Sean, I had to ask Tanner. People we wanted to get to know better ya know?)
Taking chances is hard and it makes you vulnerable, but you have to put yourself out there or you don't learn anything. You have to take the best out of life and just say "Wow, I made a mistake... well, next time, I'll take into consideration this and this." As Mrs. Crampton says (my English teacher), "Thank God we're human and we make mistakes. I'm glad we're not perfect so that we can still learn from our poor choices" (or something along those lines... she always says this in class and it makes me happy).
Would you consider yourself a risky person? What do you even consider a risky person? What kind of qualities do they have? Is it like a skill that can be developed? Or is it something that somebody just... has? Think about it... maybe taking a chance and putting yourself out there can be the best or maybe even the worst thing you ever do. Are you willing to take it?
My name is Savanna Skinner and I've taken a chance and I plan on taking another one.