Friday, September 28, 2012

Confessions

I've come to a conclusion that will result in my happiness and leaves everyone else as happy as I WILL be. This may come across as silly and only half-serious, but I'm telling you right up front that this is about as serious as it comes!

  • I'm gonna take Brother Christiansen's advice and just become a nun until my 21st birthday. Hopefully I'll have my degree by then. I'll then go on a mission to where ever the Big Guy upstairs decides to send me and then I'll come home and make lots of money with my amazing photo skills and probably become a crazy dog lady (I hate cats) and/or a professional dog photographer. Despite the mission and all the wonderful experiences that I will have while serving the Lord, I will come home and probably become socially retarded because I'll live with dogs for the rest of my life. But guess what? They're loyal and that's all that matters.
  • I haven't been asked on a single date since I started college. Granted, I've only been through 5 weeks of college, but I still feel as though there should have been something that was supposed to happen. At least something exactly opposite of what I have been going through. But life isn't perfect, we all know that. Needless to say, I'm an impatient person.
  • Instead of actually going on dates, I've actually considered wearing a ring on my finger in order to avoid people from talking to me. This totally contradicts what I said before, but again, I'm not really in the mood to be social. And instead of going on dates, I'll just take all of that time that I would spend having an actual social life and take institute classes or something.
  • Since all of my friends are leaving on missions within the next 8-9 months, next summer will be very uneventful, especially with Toria going off to England to explore the world. (I'm totally happy for her, but I also rage in jealousy. . .) I've come to one conclusion - work at a summer scout camp! I actually would love this and would find it to be awesome. Then I can teach those obnoxious 12 year olds at a young age and possibly knock some sense into them. I mean the likelihood isn't very high, but it's worth a shot. Besides, they don't know they're immature. They're completely innocent! Anyways, so this option leaves me with open weekends to spend with the family, which in all honesty, is all I need at this point. Everyone else can just consider themselves disowned.
  • So if the whole scout camp idea doesn't work out, then I'm gonna have to find something else to do. Don't get me wrong, slappin' sammies around was fun while it lasted, but I am ready for BIGGER and better things. Possibly an internship of some kind? Or I could totally pack my summer with photo shoots? Well, either way, I'll probably do that anyways. I don't know, maybe I'll try out retail or something. I've always had a secret desire to work at Forever XXI for some reason. Don't judge me. Just go with it.
So I'm hoping that this was a healthy and round-about way to deal with stress and emotions. I feel like it wasn't angry at all and actually quite light-hearted. It definitely helped me get my mind off of things. Quite honestly, this week is not a good one. Can't wait for tomorrow and Sunday though. THOSE will be great days where I'll get to see some amazing old friends and reminisce the old times. I'll be sad to send off Izak and Nik, but they will be fantastic missionaries. Monterrey and Chicago will be extremely blessed to have them around for 2 years! (:

Tomorrow I get to go to work early (not really looking forward to that though. . .), coming home, getting ready and looking wonderful, going to get our family pictures taken (if I can actually decide what to wear. . .) Then graciously going to take pictures of a group that will be going to Maeser's Homecoming Dance (super excited for that) and then ending the night with my wonderful friends Brett (haven't seen him since June, and will probably knock him over when I see him) and Kaden by attending a concert at the Velour where Ruth will be performing. Seriously so excited. And Brett said that he would take me on a date when he gets home. Well, he's coming home. So perhaps I shall wait till after that date to become a nun. . . hm. . .

Trying to keep life as good as possible. Stay strong friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment