Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Of the Rambly Sorts

Greetings fellow readers! I'm off to girls camp and decided that I should probably go out with a bang. Of the rambly sorts. This summer has been going by SOOOO quickly and I'm SUPER excited for the school year to start because there are just so many things going on and some of them are of the secret sort, so I can't really say much, but all I know is that it's going to be a life-changing experience. It'll be incredible. Anyways, I just wanted to start off by saying that last night was chaotic! Everything and packing and getting stuff ready for camp and frantically hurrying and hustling around to make sure that everything's in its proper place. Well, I got a call from Brother Webb (one of my seminary teachers last year) and I'll be perfectly honest, it was kind of weird, but he told me that they were having a meeting for "spectacular seminary students". And then this morning he told us that we were "the best of the best" kind of referring to Men in Black, or something, haha, I wasn't sure because I've never seen that movie. Anyways, pretty exciting that I was on the list right? Well, yeah, there are about 30 of us. Give or take a few, and I'm really excited to see who else is going to be able to have their hand in this. So apparently we're making a video for an "opening assembly" or whatever for seminary and they asked us to share experiences and I'm really excited for the story I told. Hopefully it's what they wanted. It was kind of weird to stare at the camera and talk at it because usually I'm staring at people who's brains are trying to keep up with my mouth. It was just weird. But yeah, anyways, it was really nice to be able to share my testimony about personal revelation and such, so that was really exciting. Also some of the other kids were talking on subjects like temple marriage or missionary work or Joseph Smith since we're studying D&C this year and they wanted me to share my testimony of the Savior and such, but I had to leave. But that's all I can share with you for now :) I'll see what I can do to get a copy of the video to put on here. That would be really cool! I would love to have the video and with the other kids and such. I would love to do more stuff for the video, but again, I had to go because grandpa was waiting for me outside, so yeah, anyways, I'm just really glad that I got to be a part of that. I'm also glad that we get to do this with a bigger group because that means I get to meet more people!!! I'm so stoked about that too. I love meeting and knowing all sorts of people. It makes me feel pretty good about myself and makes me feel all social and outgoing and such. Ha, not that I'm not loud and crazy enough, some of the kids got to experience a bit of that today. Hahaha, poor them.

Okay, well, I was planning on rambling more, BUT I'm afraid I've gotta go and grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and pack that up and head over to the Openshaw's house to catch my ride up to the stake center! AH! We leave in just a little bit! I'm so excited! Do lots of stuff while I'm gone so that you have several stories to tell me when I get back. Especially you boys. I'm gonna need you after being up at girls camp with a bunch of GIRLS (ironic isn't it?). I mean, the female species is entertaining, but only for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment